Thursday, October 10, 2013

Passports and Orphanage Visit!

What a day.  We woke up early to get on the road to Kaifeng to complete Lucy's passport application and then we had time to visit the orphanage.  Too many emotions to even write. There are more than 200 orphans and we were able to visit 5 rooms.  The sadness we felt for the kids there cannot be expressed through a sentence in this blog because it wouldn't do our emotions justice.  Below are the pictures I captured for my friends on the Kaifeng facebook group - I think I got everyone's children - I told them Momma and Dadda would be here soon.
Front of the orphanage

Add caption

Her nanny - such a heartbreaking feeling when the nanny reached out for her.

Lucy's crib


The orphanage directors

Lucy's roommates

Lucy's Room



Ashlin Thurston & Andrea Rugaard Dean - here are your kiddos


Andrea Rugaard Dean

Ashlin Thurston

April Bryant - I think this is your daughter - she was fast asleep when they pointed her out to me.

Terri Mohr - they said this was your daughter :)

Nina Bellavance - I think this is yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment